LMCGF invests alongside Royal Bafokeng Holdings in Liberty Star Consumer Holdings.
First closing of LMCGF concludes on 1 October 2006.
Clive Douglas Investments forms and completes a first closing of the Conexus Investment Fund.
Metier advises aggregate transactions in 2006 prior to formation of the Funds of R13.6 billion:
- Astrapak acquisitions of Alex White, Plastform from Consol, Plastech Moulding and Ultrapak
- Connection Group sale of 16 Photo Connection stores
- Datapro (now Vox) acquisition of Definity Telecommunications
- Enterprise Connection sale to Faritec
- Econet Wireless capital raising towards acquiring Vee Networks Nigeria, completed, not closed
- Libstar acquisitions of Chet, Retailer Brands and Rialto
- Lereko on its BEE investments in Sun International, Sappi and its capital raising
- Royal Bafokeng Holdings acquisition of MB Technologies